AgBio Student Services is available to help during COVID-19 campus restrictions
AgBio Student Services is committed to doing our part to keep our students, faculty, staff, and campus community safe. Our regular working hours are 8:30 am-12 pm, 1-4:30 pm, Monday to Friday. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (306) 966-6994. Please review our Frequently Asked Questions page before contacting Student Services.
Quick questions? Use WhatsApp
Have a quick question? You can chat with an AgBio Student Services advisor between 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday-Friday via WhatsApp (AgBio Student Services or 306-250-5500).
Advising appointments are available via Zoom, phone, or in-person. In-person advising is available by appointment only. You can book a phone, Zoom, or in-person appointment online. Pre-booked in-person advising appointments will take place in Ag 2D29. To check in for your pre-booked in-person advising appointment, call (306) 966-6994. 3-ply single use face masks are mandatory for in-person advising appointments.
Stay home if you are sick. Contact email@example.com to reschedule your appointment for phone or Zoom instead. If you have COVID-19 symptoms, call HealthLine at 811.
Your faculty advisors are also available to help. If you are no longer in your first year of study and have already declared your major, please consult with your faculty advisor. The best way to reach your faculty advisor and book an appointment is by email.
Don’t forget to add the AgBio Undergraduate Resources channel to your favorites in PAWS! Many of the important resources that we would connect you to in an in-person appointment are posted online in this channel.
AgBio Student Services
- provide advice and guidance to students throughout their first year of study in the College of AgBio
- help students strategically choose a major
- advise on college regulations and university policies
- ensure students satisfy promotion and graduation standards
- assist students facing academic difficulty
- advocate for appropriate resources for students
- advise incoming and outgoing Study Abroad exchange students
- provide advice and guidance to transfer students
- provide culturally sensitive guidance and support to Indigenous and international students
Kelly Delorme-Greyeyes, Academic Programs Assistant
Room 2D29, Agriculture Building
Mary Stirling, Recruitment, Academic Advising Officer
Room 2D30, Agriculture Building
All general inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty and Department Advising
Why should I visit with a faculty advisor?
Once you have declared your major, you should contact the faculty advisor for your area of study.
AgBio faculty advisors:
- provide advice and guidance to students who have chosen their major
- provide guidance in course selection and ensure that students are meeting their program requirements
- connect students to faculty experts and industry connections in their field of interest
- serve as teachers and mentors and give advice on professional development and employment opportunities
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions page before contacing a faculty advisor.
Matthew Links, Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 6D30, Agriculture Building
Mika Asai-Coakwell, Assistant Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 6D26, Agriculture Building
Colin Peterson, Departmental Assistant
Room 6D16, Agriculture Building
Xiao Qiu, Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 4E14, Agriculture Building
Supratim Ghosh, Associate Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 3E30, Agriculture Building
Michael Nickerson, Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 3E28, Agriculture Building
Agronomy (Degree and Diploma)
Krista Wilde and Ellen Misfeldt
Applied Plant Ecology
Eric Lamb, Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 4D68, Agriculture Building
Karen Tanino, Professor
Room 2C16, Agriculture Building
Crop ScienceSean Prager, Associate Professor and Academic Advisor
Room 3C80, Agriculture Building