- Breeding fruit crops and adapting them for northern conditions and mechanical harvesting
Ph.D. (University of Guelph)
Selected Recent Publications
S. Xue, R.H. Bors, and S. Strelkov, 2005. Resistance Sources to Xanthomonas fragariae in Non-Octoploid Fragaria Species. Hortscience, 40(6) 1653-1656.
R.H. Bors, 2005. Dwarf Sour Cherry Breeding at the University of Saskatchewan. Acta Hort. (ISHS) 667:135-140.
R.H. Bors and J.A. Sullivan, 2005. Interspecific Hybridization of Fragaria vesca Subspecies with F. nilgerrensis, F. nubicola, F. pentaphylla, and F. viridis. J.l Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., 130 (3): 418-423.
R.H. Bors and L. Matthews, 2004. Dwarf Sour Cherries: A Guide for Commercial Production. University Extension Press. 88 pages.
R.H.Bors, 2000. A Streamlined Synthetic Octoploid System that Emphasizes Fragaria vesca as a Bridge Species. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Guelph. 272 pages.
• PLSC 220.3 Fundamentals of Horticulture
• PLSC 441.3 Advanced Fruit Growing
• PLSC 470.3 Plant Propagation and Nursery Management
Undergraduate Thesis Courses:
• PLSC 492 Literature Thesis in Plant Sciences
• PLSC 494 Research Thesis in Plant Sciences
• PLSC 498.3 Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture
Stevenson Award - 2019 by the Manitoba Horticultural Association for the development of sour cherries and haskap