- Genetics and breeding of bread wheat for the short-season areas of Western Canada
- Evaluation of alternative wheats and annual canarygrass
Plant Sciences, Crop Development Centre
- Ph.D., University of Saskatchewan
- M.Sc.. University of Guelph
- B.Sc.. University of Guelph
Hua Chen, Neshat Pazooki Moakhar , Muhammad Iqbal ,Curtis Pozniak, Pierre Hucl and Dean Spaner. 2016. Genetic variation for flowering time and height reducing genes and important traits in western Canadian spring wheat. Euphytica, 208: 377-390.
Mahdi Irani, Seyed M.A. Razavi, El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal, Pierre Hucl, Carol Ann Patterson. 2016. Dilute solution properties of canary seed (Phalaris canariensis) starch in comparison to wheat starch. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 87: 123-129.
El-Sayed M. Abdel-Aal, Pierre Hucl, Jaclyn Shipp and Iwona Rabalski. 2016. Compositional Differences in Anthocyanins from Blue- and Purple-Grained Spring Wheat Grown in Four Environments in Central Saskatchewan. Cereal Chemistry, 93: 32-38.
Adithya Ramachandran, Pierre Hucl, and Connie Briggs. 2016. Functional Characteristics of Bread Wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Near-Isogenic Lines Differing at the Waxy (Wx) Locus. Cereal Chemistry, 93: 77-85.
Pierre Hucl, Connie Briggs, Robert J. Graf and Ravindra N. Chibbar. 2015.Genetic Gains in Agronomic and Selected End-Use Quality Traits over a Century of Plant Breeding of Canada Western Red Spring Wheat. Cereal Chemistry, 92: 32-537-543.
Awards and Medals
- AGBIO Research Excellence award. November 2017
- SABEX Innovation Award, 2014
- Honourary Life Member Canadian Seed Growers Association, 2009
- Honourary Life Member Saskatchewan Seed Growers Association, 2005