- Food authenticity and traceability
- Structure-function-mechanism studies of fruit phenolics and their antioxidant capacities
- Carbohydrate chemistry
Food and Bioproduct Sciences
- Ph.D. (Food Chemistry), University of Alberta
- M.Sc. (Chemistry), University of Alberta
- B.Sc. (Chemistry), Simon Fraser University
Willems, J.L. and Low, N.H. 2016. Oligosaccharide formation during commercial pear juice processing. Food Chemistry 204:84-93.
Avramenko, N.A., Chang, C., Low, N.H. and Nickerson, M.T. 2016. Encapsulation of flaxseed oil within native and modified lentil protein-based microcapsules. Food Research International 81:17-24.
Wang, J., Korber, D., Low, N. and Nickerson, M.T. 2015. Encapsulation of Bifidobacterium adolescentis with legume proteins and its survival under stimulated gastric conditions and during storage within commercial fruit juices. Food Science and Biotechnology 24:383-391.
Karaca, A.C., Low, N.H. and Nickerson, M.T. 2015. Potential use of plant proteins in the microencapsulation of lipophilic materials in foods. Trends in Food Science and Technology 42:5-12.
Johnston, S.P., Nickerson, M.T. and Low, N.H. 2015. The physicochemical properties of legume protein isolates and their ability to stabilize oil-in-water emulsions with and without genipin. Journal of Food Science and Technology 52:4135-4145
For more information, see website
- FABS 315 (Food Chemistry)
- FABS 323 (Food Additives & Toxicants)
- FABS 417 (Food Analysis)
- FDSC 817 (Advanced Food Analysis)
- FDSC 840 (Food Authenticity & Traceability)