- Beef cattle
- Molecular genetics
- Detoxification of mycotoxins using insect larvae
Animal and Poultry Science
- Ph.D., University of Otago, New Zealand
- M.Sc., University of Otago, New Zealand
- B.Sc., University of Otago, New Zealand
Krone, K.G., Ward, A.K., Madder, K.M., Hendrick, S., McKinnon, J.J., and Buchanan, F.C. 2016. Interaction of vitamin A supplementation level with ADH1C genotype on intramuscular fat in beef steers. Animal 10 (3): 403-409.
A.K. Ward, J.J. McKinnon, S. Hendrick, and F.C. Buchanan. 2012. The impact of vitamin A restriction and ADH1C genotyped on marbling in feedlot steers. J. Anim. Sci. 90: 2476-2483.
J.M. Prystupa, R. Juras, E.G. Cothran, F.C. Buchanan and Y. Plante, 2012. Genetic Diversity and Admixture Among Canadian, Mountain and Moorland and Nordic Pony Populations. Animal, 6: 19-30.
K.A. Pugh, J.M. Stookey, and F.C. Buchanan. 2011. An evaluation of corticotropin-releasing hormone and leptin SNPs relative to cattle behaviour. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 91: 567-572.
T. Sebastian, J.M. Watts, J.M. Stookey, F.C. Buchanan, and C. Waldner. 2011. Temperament in beef cattle: methods of measurement and their relationship to production. Can. J. Anim. Sci. 91: 557-565.
H.M. Deobald and F.C. Buchanan, 2011. Characterization of Two Pro-opiomelanocortin Gene Variants and Their Effects on Carcass Traits in Beef Cattle. BMC Genetics, 12: 2.
- ANSC 212 - Livestock and Poultry Production
- ANSC 313 - Animal Breeding and Genetics
- ANSC 355 - Sheep and Goat Management
- ANBI 470 - Applied Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Science 870 - Applied Animal Biotechnology