- Breeding fruit crops and adapting them for northern conditions and mechanical harvesting
Selected Recent Publications
S. Xue, R.H. Bors, and S. Strelkov, 2005. Resistance Sources to Xanthomonas fragariae in Non-Octoploid Fragaria Species. Hortscience, 40(6) 1653-1656.
R.H. Bors, 2005. Dwarf Sour Cherry Breeding at the University of Saskatchewan. Acta Hort. (ISHS) 667:135-140.
R.H. Bors and J.A. Sullivan, 2005. Interspecific Hybridization of Fragaria vesca Subspecies with F. nilgerrensis, F. nubicola, F. pentaphylla, and F. viridis. J.l Amer. Soc. Hort. Sci., 130 (3): 418-423.
R.H. Bors and L. Matthews, 2004. Dwarf Sour Cherries: A Guide for Commercial Production. University Extension Press. 88 pages.
R.H.Bors, 2000. A Streamlined Synthetic Octoploid System that Emphasizes Fragaria vesca as a Bridge Species. Ph.D. Thesis, University of Guelph. 272 pages.
• PLSC 220.3 Fundamentals of Horticulture
• PLSC 441.3 Advanced Fruit Growing
• PLSC 470.3 Plant Propagation and Nursery Management
Undergraduate Thesis Courses:
• PLSC 492 Literature Thesis in Plant Sciences
• PLSC 494 Research Thesis in Plant Sciences
• PLSC 498.3 Tropical and Subtropical Agriculture