- Metagenomics and proteomics of biofilm communities in dense clays
- Microbial stress response and antimicrobial resistance
- Encapsulated probiotics
Food and Biproduct Sciences
B.Sc. Agric 1986, Ph.D. Microbiology 1994 (University of Saskatchewan)
Selected Recent Publications
Jalique, D.R., S. Stroes-Gascoyne, C.J. Hamon, D. Priyanto, C. Kohle, W. Evenden, J. McKelvie and D.R. Korber. 2015. Microbial culturability and diversity in an eight-year old highly-compacted saturated MX-80 Wyoming bentonite plug. Applied Clay Science. Accepted Mar 2, 2016.
Lawrence, J.R., M. J. Waiser, G.D.W. Swerhone, V. Tumber, J. Roy, A. Paule, A.P Hitchcock , J.J. Dynes and D.R. Korber. 2015. Effects of Fullerene (C60), Multi-Wall Carbon Nanotubes (MWCNT), Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes (SWCNT) and hydroxyl and carboxyl modified Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes on riverine microbial communities. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. Accepted 160201.
Lawrence, J.R., G.D.W. Swerhone, J.J. Dynes, A.P Hitchcock, and D.R. Korber. 2016. Complex organic corona formation on carbon nanotubes reduces microbial toxicity by suppressing reactive oxygen species production. Environmental Science: Nano, 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5EN00229J Accepted 151211.
Rema, T., P.G. Medihala, J.R. Lawrence, S. Vidovic, G.G. Swerhone and D.R. Korber. 2015. Proteomic analyses of chlorhexidine-resistance mechanisms in Delftia acidovorans biofilms. Accepted Dec 4, 2015. mSphere. Published Jan 6, 2016. DOI of 10.1128/mSphere.00017-15
Stone, W., Kroukamp, O. McKelvie, J., Korber, D.R., and G.M. Wolfaardt. 2016. Measuring microbial metabolism in atypical environments: Bentonite in used nuclear fuel storage. Journal of Microbiological Methods 120: 79-90.
- FABS 212 (team taught)- Agrifood and Resources Microbiology
- FABS 360 - Water Microbiology and Safety
- FABS 450 - Anaerobic and Rumen Microbiology
- FABS 425 - Food Microbiology and Safety
- FABS 452 - Quality Assurance and HACCP
- AGRC 112 (team taught) - Agricultural Science II
- APMC 850 - Rumen Microbiology