Book of abstracts
The final book of abstracts is now available here! [Updated 2019-07-11].
For internet access while attending CSSS 2019, use the UofS-Guest network with the following credentials:
Schedule at a glance
July 9th – Workshops
- Greenhouse Gas Measurement Workshop (includes lunch & transportation) – 2D21 Agriculture Building
- Rich Farrell
- Introduction to Digital Soil Mapping (includes lunch) – 5C73 Agriculture Building, 08:30 – 17:00h
- Brandon Heung and Dan Saurette
- Positronic Detection of Photosynthate Distribution in the Rhizosphere – Saskatchewan Centre for Cyclotron Science
- Steve Siciliano
- Short-Course on X-ray Computed Tomography of Soil – 1E85 Agriculture Building, 09:00 – 16:00h
- Richard Heck
- An Introduction to 31P Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (31P-NMR) Spectroscopy to Characterize P in Soils and Other Environmental Samples – Saskatchewan Structural Sciences Centre (basement of Thorvaldson Building)
- Barbara Cade-Menun
July 10–12th – Conference
July 13th – Post-conference field trips
CSSS Committee Meetings
Meetings will take place 12:00–13:30 in Ag 2D21, lunch provided
Thursday, July 11th – Pedology Committee
Friday, July 12th – Education Committee
Rhizosphere5 – CSSS Joint Session & Reception
Wednesday, July 10th, 18:00–21:00
There are several options available for transport from the University of Saskatchewan to TCU Place for the Rhizosphere5–CSSS Joint activities.
- Walking: TCU Place is 3.5 km from the UofS. It's a lovely walk (weather permitting of course).
- Yellow bus: There will be a yellow school bus leaving from Place Riel on campus at 13:00 and 13:30 to shuttle people to TCU Place for the Rhizosphere5–CSSS Joint Session. People can then walk to the rRemai museum for the reception following the session. The bus will then depart at 20:30 and 21:00 for those who would like a lift back to the university.
- Public transport: You can catch either the #60 Confederation or #65 Kensington via City Centre bus from Place Riel to the 22nd Street / Pacific stop just past TCU. For the return trip, you can catch the #60 back, the #6 City Centre from 3rd Ave / 22nd Street, or the #45 Arbor Creek from Downtown Terminal North. Regular fare is $3.00 each way. Multi-use passes are available for $8.50 for 24 hours of unlimited travel. Visit Plan My Trip or Transit Saskatoon for more information.
Soil Judging Competition **CANCELLED**