Saskatchewan Agricultural Graduates' Association
The Saskatchewan Agricultural Graduates' Association (SAGA) is an organization that supports graduates of the college and host of an annual reunion.
All new graduates of the college automatically receive complimentary membership for one year.
Thursday June 22nd from 4 - 7 PM
Western Canada Farm Progress Show Alumni Event is proudly sponsored by Youngs Farm Equipment and SAGA - grads and students can enjoy a free beer!
Youngs Farm Equipment Beer Gardens, Mosaic Stadium Harvard Lounge, Northwest doors, Regina, SK
Meet the SAGA Executive and catch-up with fellow Agros
Thursday July 20 from 4 - 6PM
SAGA and College of Agriculture and Bioresrouces Social - one free beer for graduates!
Beer Gardens, Ag In Motion Grounds, 15 mins NW of Saskatoon, SK near Langham
The College will be participating for the third time as an exhibitor. Many of our graduates not only visit Ag in Motion but are exhibitors themselves! Find out who by coming by Thursday evening for a free beer!
Friday, January 5, 2018 from 4 - 7 PM
College Of Ag. Social
A chance to visit, enjoy tours and view memoralbilia.
Contact Tanya Napper (email@example.com) for more information
Saturday, January 6, 2018 starting at 4:30 PM
SAGA Reunion Banquet
TCU Place, Saskatoon (formerly the Centennial Auditorium)
To purchase tickets and for more information, go to saskaggrads.com
Awards and Recognition
Each year the University of Saskatchewan recognizes alumni who have excelled in innovation, community leadership, public service or philanthropy. Many of our alumni are among the recipients of an Alumni Achievement Award.
- 2014 Fred Fulton (BSA’50, PGD’68. MCtgEd’72) for his significant contributions the University of Saskatchewan and the agricultural industry.
- 2014 Andrew Schmitz (BSA’63, MSc’65, DLitt’99) for his significant contributions to education, agriculture and economics.
- 2013 The Hon. Charles (Charlie) Mayer, P.C. (BSA’64) for his lifetime of commitment and contributions to the agricultural industry in Canada as a public servant
- 2013 Brian and Laurel Rossnagel awarded honorary alumni memberships
- 2012 Chancellor Emeritus Edward (Ted) Turner, D/Agric’48, honorary LLD’89
- 2011 Edward Hudek, BSA’40
- 2011 Terrence Veeman, BSA’62
- 2007 Centennial Alumni of Influence Dr. Lawrence E. Kirk O.C., S.M., F.R.S.C., BA’16, BSA’17, MSc’22, LLD’49 (d. 1969)
- 2007 Centennial Alumni of Influence Dr. James B. Harrington O.C., BSA’20, LLD’63 (d. 1979)
- 2007 Centennial Alumni of Influence Dr. Lorne Babiuk, O.C., S.O.M., F.R.S.C., BSA’67, MSc’69, DSC’87
- 2007 Centennial Alumni of Influence Lester D. Lafond, S.O.M., D/Agric’74, BA’82
- 2007 Centennial Alumni of Influence Dr. Keith Downey, O.C.,BSA’50, MSc’52, DSC’94
- 2005 Bryan Harvey, BSA'60, MSc'61, PhD'64 (CAF)
- 2001 Alumni Service Award Mr. Robert E. Brack, BSA'52, MSc'61 (WIS)
- 1999 Gordon A. Wilson, BSA'48
- 1999 Alumni Humanitarian Award Gordon A. Wilson, BSA'48
- 1998 Alumni Service Award Glenden (Glen) W. Hass, BSA’60; Ed Dip’65; BEd’66; MCEd’76 1999
- 1998 Alumni Service Award Gordon A. Wilson, BSA'48
- 1997 F.J. Hartley Fredeen, BSA’43, MSc’51
- 1982 Henry J. Fast, BSc’40
- 1981 Howard T. Fredeen, BSA’43, MSc(Alta), PhD (Iowa)
We are proud to have 7 of our alumni bestowed with this great honour in recognition of their influence and achievement for the well-being of our province.
- Jacob A. Brown, C.M., S.O.M. (1985)
- Robert R. Ferguson, C.M., S.O.M. (1994)
- Edward Kerr Turner, C.M., S.O.M., (1995)
- William James Small, SOM, event organizer (2002)
- Lorne Allan Babiuk, OC SOM FRSC, immunologist, molecular virologist, and vaccinologist (2003)
- Bryan L Harvey, O.C., S.O.M., P.Ag. (2005)
- Dr. Donald Grant Devine, S.O.M., F.A.I.C. (2009)
- Dr. Wilfred Arthur Keller, S.O.M. (2014-15)
- Richard Keith Downey, O.C., F.R.S.C. (2016)
For more information about the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, please go to the Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan website.
The Order is in recognition of outstanding achievements to the community and nation - making a difference. More than 6,000 members have been invested to date.
Officer (O.C.) - recognizes national service or achievement
- Lorne Babiuk O.C., S.O.M., F.R.S.C., F.C.A.H.S.
- Harold Chapman O.C.
- Richard Downey O.C., F.R.S.C.
- Bryan Laurence Harvey O.C., S.O.M.
Member (C.M.) - recognizes outstanding contributions at the local or regional level or in a special field of activity
- Jacob A. Brown C.M., S.O.M.
- Dave Christensen C.M.
- Robert R. Ferguson C.M., S.O.M.
- John T. Kyle C.M.
- Thomas Lawrence C.M.
- Donald A. Rennie C.M., F.S.S.S.A.
- Ted Turner C.M., S.O.M.
Established in 1972, the Saskatchewan Agricultural Hall of Fame recognizes individuals for their contribution to agriculture in Saskatchewan. Many of our alumni have been inducted into the Saskatchewan Agricultural Hall of Fame (SAHF).
The college is proud to display composites from 1939 of all degree, diploma and certificate graduates.
Typically organized by class reunion chairs, class gifts can be established to honour your graduating year and support a specific area of interest to your classmates. Previously supported initiaves have included: the AgBio Discovery Program, student bursaries, scholarships and infrastructure.
To find out if your graduating class has an award or, if you would like to discuss other options, please contact our Development Office.
Interested in volunteering at a college or university alumni event? Let us know!